This Privacy Notice sets out how we will use your personal data when you visit the comparemyequity.co.uk website.
WHO WE ARE
We are comparemyequity.co.uk, a trading style of Later Life Finance Limited.
Later Life Finance Limited is the Data Controller for the purposes of the General data Protection
Regulation 2017 (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): This is information you give us about
you by filling in forms on the website comparemyequity.co.uk (our Site), or by
corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). It includes information you
provide when you subscribe to any of our Services, share data via the social media
functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, send an application for a vacancy
and when you report a problem with our Site. If you contact us, we will keep a record
of that correspondence.
- The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit our Site we will
automatically collect the following information:
Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system,
etc.) for statistical purposes
• the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, the type of browser
you use, and time zone setting (Device Information);
- details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to traffic data, weblogs and
other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or
otherwise and the resources that you access (Log Information).
with a personalised experience when you browse our Site and also allows us to improve the
Site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use
them, see our Cookie Statement at comparemyequity.co.uk
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Submitted information: to provide and tailor Services directly to you; communicate
with you; pass to selected third parties to provide quotations on the services you
- Device information: to determine how many people use the Site on particular browsers
and different devices so that we can ensure adequate technical support for each type
of device and browser.
- To present site content effectively to you.
- Provide information, products and services that you request, or (with your consent)
which we think may interest you.
- Carry out our contracts with you.
- Allow you to use our interactive services if you want to.
- Tell you our charges.
- Third Party Information: to monitor performance of the Service; to protect you and
other people from fraud or misuse of the Services.
- Legitimate interests – such as to communicate with you; for web analytics so we can
provide, improve and tailor services to you; to provide appropriate technical support
and security for our websites; or for fraud prevention.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and
will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as
long as it is combined.
You agree that we have the right to disclose your personal information to any member of
our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries,
as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
By submitting our form, you agree to be contacted by an independent adviser to confirm
your details and provide a quotation based on additional questions
about your circumstances.
An FCA authorised equity release firm will be contacting you via email, SMS and/or telephone to discuss your equity release enquiry.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose
your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If comparemyequity.co.uk or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party,
in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with
any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to
agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
• Protect the rights, property or safety of comparemyequity.co.uk, our customers or
others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and
organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination
outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating
outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. These staff may be engaged in
the fulfilment of your request, order or reservation, the processing of your payment details
and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this
transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions
carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be
encrypted using industry leading encryption technology. Where we have given you (or
where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Sites,
you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We strongly recommend you
not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to
prevent unauthorised access.
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about
you that we hold (this is called a Data Subject Access Request or DSAR). To make a request
for your personal information see the Contact section below.
- You can ask us to correct your information if it is incorrect;
- ask us to delete the information that we hold about you in certain circumstances, for
example, where we no longer need the information;
- opt-out of us processing your personal information for marketing purposes;
- ask us to send you, or another organisation, certain types of information about you in a
format that can be read by computer;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- restrict certain processing of your information, for example, if you tell us that the
information is inaccurate we can only use it for limited purposes while we check its
We will always inform you (before collecting your personal information) of how we plan to
use that personal information. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by
checking certain boxes on the Site when you submit your information. You can also exercise
the right at any time by contacting us via post to: The Data Controller, Later Life Finance, High Ridge, Old Pool Bank, Otley, West Yorkshire LS21 3BS
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner
networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note
that these websites and any service that may be accessible through them have their own
privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or
for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as
contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data
to these websites or use these services.
This data will be retained in our records for no longer than is necessary to:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with statutory guidance;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
Details of retention periods are available on request. See Contact section below.
CHANGES TO PRIVACY NOTICE
at comparemyequity.co.uk. The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be
required to read and accept them.
be addressed, in writing, to:
The Data Controller, comparemyequity.co.uk, The Data Controller, Later Life Finance, High Ridge, Old Pool Bank, Otley, West Yorkshire LS21 3BS